I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Saturday, July 30, 2011

At SOS March! Part III

Linda Hammond-Darling on stage: Talking about how other countries treat teachers like real professionals.

I met jcg! One of my best commenters! A Tennessee gal; and Mr. jcg, too, a science teacher with Jersey roots. How cool to catch up with you!

Thank the lord for the free water.

LHD: "If the banks are failing, do you fire the tellers?" Ha ha!

Met teachers from all over - just talked with 2 from Freehold. Video to come this weekend.

What a great spirit here! Post again in a bit...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jazzman, We're back in TN. It was great to meet you, talk and march together! What an inspiring day (in spite of the heat.) Thanks for the Reason video. That reporter's stupid questions suggests to me the anti-teacher propaganda has solidified in the public mind.

I love Matt Damon more than ever, especially after he told the cameraman he might be a shitty cameraman.

BTW, loved the Phillies hat- I'm a Phillies fan and the Mr is a Mets fan.

Talk to you later,
jcg

Duke said...

I missed this comment - hope you catch my response. You two are the best! I have so much respect for a couple who choose to be career teachers: you are leading lives of real importance.

How about this one: I'm a Phils fan, and Mrs. Jazzman is a Mets fan! Two NL East couples - what are the odds?

Stay in touch!