I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NJ's Worst Pundit

Bob "Hoover" Ingle is just appalled when a politician intentionally uses bad grammar to create some light humor:
Sen. Nick Sacco is one of your grandfathered-in triple-dipper pols — state senator, mayor of North Bergen and an assistant superintendent of Hudson County schools. That last one comes to mind after seeing his ad for re-election to mayor. “I don’t know where you be from, but I be from North Bergen, son.” He’s been a member of the NJEA since 1968, according to his bio. Assistant superintendent of schools, indeed. He ought to resign out of embarrassment.
As a professional writer, Hoover is so disgusted at this idiomatic turn of a phrase that he's calling for Sacco to step down. Because nothing is worse than a professional intentionally using bad grammar - except for:
Ain't This Typical
"It was discovered when working on plans for a new state park, Capital State Park, and that ain’t gonna happen anytime soon, either, for the same reason."
"Say it ain’t so."
 "But pitchin’ ain’t my strong suit."
I could go on, but you get the point. Hoover be the biggest tool in NJ...
I ain't gonna stop suckin' up to the guv!

No comments: