I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oh, Bill...

So Bill Gates is now weighing in on state budgets under the premise that we have to solve this crisis to free up money for education:



Can I say how totally annoying it is when anyone addresses a problem, and then says the solution is to "better educate ourselves" and "be honest" and "be courageous"?

I'll "be courageous": we spend way too much on health care compared to the rest of the world, and we collect way too little in taxes from the wealthy.

Move to a single-payer primary health care system. Bring tax rates back to pre-Reagan era levels.

Problem solved. Why Gates can't state the obvious is beyond me.

No comments: